ENCUENTRA TUS ENTRADAS FAVORITAS

viernes, 19 de junio de 2015

Review #1: Beautiful Disaster

BOOK DETAILS


BEAUTIFUL DISASTER

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful Disaster #1
Genre: New adult /Contemporany romance
Number of pages: 432
Date published: August 14th, 2012
Rating: ***** (5/5)


The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
MY REVIEW

The truth is that I expected something like I had read in other books from this genre, but while I was reading I was pleasantly  suprised and that made me love the book and did not let me stop reading. But the better reason was that I identify my self with the main character, Abby, because, who has never fall in love whit the bad boy?

The story talks about two college guys, Abby Abernathy and Travis Maddox. Both of them met when a Travis' fight finished. When Abby discovered his reputation she decided to keep the distances with him, but that made that Travis started having interest in her, because she did not want to bring up his atention, like the rest of the girls.
But finally Abby's plan to keep distances is impossible because of Sheply, who is Travis cousin and America's boyfriend, and America is Abby's best friend.
While the story is taking place you can see that bouth of them are falling in love, but Abby had put much efford to keeps her old life away and she thinks that Travis could bring it back, because of that they are only like best friends. 
But because a friendly bet between them they end up having to spend more time together, and that can transforms their relation in something beautiful or in a disaster.

As I said before I loved this book as I started reading it because of the way the author wrote it. It transmits feelings very intensely, making that sometimes I had a smile in the face and other times I wanted to kill someone or start crying. That made me keep reading because I wanted to find the happy moments.

The characters made me fall in love. I knew that I would like Travis by the moment I started reading, because behind the bad boy face that does not mind anyone or anything there is a kind and friendly boy.
At the begining I did not like Abby, but after that I started seeing a very strong character and the truth is that she always stands Travis in the good moments, but most of all in the moments that it is a stupid boy.
But my favorite character is Step, I saw him like a friend that was there for Travis, in the good and in the bad.

I love so much this book, but I read it in PDF, so now I am going to buy it in paper. I recomend you to read it and I hope you will like it as much as me, but you never know, because as the title says, Abby's and Travis' story is a beautiful disaster.



Sorry if I wrote it with spelling mistakes, I am from Spain and this is a challenge for me. If you  see them please tell my, I will be very happy.

Thanks for reading.

KARLA


Maybe you want to
read the review in spanish.

Quizás quieras leer
la reseña en español.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario